Monday, November 30, 2009

New adventure of sorts

Moody burns you out spiritually. There i said it, the rest of you all can now admit it freely. Do to the fact that I have been weary of any activity that might be connected with the Christian life I have been wondering what can I do to stay connected to God? I think at this point in life, away from any system that can really control me I feel the need to stay connected to God in my own way. In other words, I don't want to just do something because I should. This makes reading the Bible and consecrating on prayer (the bread and butter of the xian religion) hard to do. Well here is what I think I will do. I have decided to read the book Make Poverty Personal by Ash Barker. This book was written to show what God has to say about poverty in certian parts of the Bible. It gives me the opportunity to read the Bible with a purpose. It also gives me a different view on poverty as it was written by a more "liberal" Christian who doesn't even have a theology degree (gasp).

San Fransisco at night


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your honesty. I too am in the process of finding how I can connect best and most beneficially with God. Have fun with your Emergent book!

theappleeaters said...

how's the book coming? any good insights? appreciate your openness
love, love this night picture

Post a Comment