Friday, January 15, 2010

Summary of the book "Make Poverty Personal"

I wrote a while back that I started a book that took different passages and areas in the Bible and made some conclusions about poverty with them. I wanted to see what this book had to say, especially since it was a book that was written by a more "liberal" writer. I just finished that book yesterday. I did learn some different things, and I did like reading about different passages, however what this guy had to say really wasn't that amazing. I felt his conclusions were either things that had already been said, or they were so general, that they really didn't apply to the passage. I guess this comes out of my background in having exegetical Biblical teaching. This guy wasn't really like that. In the end, it was an ok book. I think probably there are better ones out there. I think soon I am going to try Tim Keller's book Counterfeit Gods

0 comments:

Post a Comment