A gave Twilight a chance. Never said I didn't. See previously I was jumping on the ban-wagon of judging Twilight as something too sappy and trivial with out actually reading it. Well maybe two weeks ago I decided to pick up the books and see for myself how they were. I got through both Twilight and New Moon and could not go any further. I can now say with all authority that that series is really just a bunch of romantic crap. I mean the two books I read were interesting enough for me to finish them, but both of them were disappointing in terms of depth and literary coolness. I can see how teenagers would like them as they are super easy to read, and have such a sappy love story that I am sure every girl wants.
With that said, would I read the rest of the series? Maybe eventually when I get around to being bored enough. I keep hearing how the series just gets better, but I personally don't have any hope. I think there are so many other great fiction books out there that actually challenge your thinking and are just fun to read. This series just kinda leads you on in the romantic story to disappoint you with a ending that was totally predictable. Well that is my rant. On to reading some other great fiction I just picked up at borders.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Haha! Glad to hear this confirmation of what we all expected. Thanks for being open to reading the books, so the rest of us don't have to. :)
Post a Comment